Do You Need a Ride to a Medical Appointment?
RSVP’s Driver Escort Service provides rides to Dane County residents, primarily age 60 and older*, who are ambulatory and don’t have access to other transportation such as car, bus, family or friends. RSVP volunteers from the local community use their own vehicles to drive seniors to medical appointments. The service has been helping seniors remain independent for over 35 years.
There is no charge for the ride, but donations to support the program are gratefully accepted.
You are eligible for the program if:
- You are over 60 years of age*
- You live in Dane County
- You live in your own home, condo or apartment
- You are not in a wheelchair
- You are not on Medicaid (i.e. BadgerCare, Medical Assistance)
For More Information and to Confirm Your Eligibility:
- If you live in Madison or Monona, call RSVP at (608) 441-7898.
- If you live in Dane County outside of Madison, contact your local senior center.
- If you are a Veteran of any age or the family member of a Veteran, please see our Vets Helping Vets page.
*The program can accommodate some younger disabled residents depending on driver availability.