Brighten Your Day by Working with Kids
Spending time with children is sure to add a smile to your day and keep you young at heart. RSVP has many volunteer opportunities that involve working with children of all ages. Our program coordinator can help you pick one that best fits your interests and schedule.
Volunteer as a Tutor
You can give a child the extra help they need to succeed by volunteering as a tutor in a Dane County school. Tutors work one-on-one or with small groups of children in kindergarten through 12th grade, assisting with reading, math and other subjects. Your reward: A smile, a hug, or a high five and the opportunity to see a child learn and grow.
Work with Children in these Innovative Ways
While tutoring is our largest intergenerational program—RSVP placed over 230 tutors in 60 schools throughout Dane County last year—there are many other opportunities to work with children.
- Share your special interests with gifted and talented students
- Correspond with a student “computer buddy”
- Practice job interview skills with teens
- Provide childcare while parents take classes
- Share your unique life stories in the oral history program
- Participate in the innovative restorative justice program in high schools
- Be a foster grandparent
How to Volunteer
To find out more about these volunteer opportunities, contact Andrea Beaster at or 608-441-7894, or complete this online form.